Image and video hosting by TinyPic

quarta-feira, 4 de outubro de 2017

How to live your dream life - 5 tips to start doing it now

 
 
 
 
The past year and half, I’ve been extremely lucky to be able to travel a lot, be part of important projects, have a full makeup artist agenda monthly and watch my work grow. But how did I get here? Believe me when I say I’m no overnight success. Unless you’re blessed to be born with Kardashian as a last name, you gotta work hard to get some. These are 5 things I learnt:

1. Always trust yourself and your dreams.
When I arrived Lisbon on 2012, I was nothing but a country girl full of dreams. I knew I wanted to be part of the fashion industry but that seemed impossible to achieve when you’re new in the city and have a full college schedule and hundreds of Med School bibliography to study. Although the impossible, I didn’t lose my focus. I’d be lying if I said I was full motivated and trusting all the time. But you know, bad times come and go. In the end, only perseverance matters.

2. Monetize your passion and talent.
I strongly believe we all have a talent, but sometimes is difficult to discover it. My main passion was always fashion design but I was aware it required a lot of time and money. I didn’t plan to become so fond of makeup as I am. I started watching youtube videos and using makeup on my acne skin problems, for some confidence. After doing my friends&family makeup I understood that I liked it even better than doing it on myself. This was fun, very natural for me and an option that I could monetize.

3. Search, learn and apply.
If there is something that we all need to keep doing for the rest of our lives, that is learning. I search a lot about blogging, advertising, planning, knowing what to do and how to do it. It’s a constant process and helps you guiding your plans and future projects. Find your niche and know everything about it. Find your passion and get to know how you can make it part of your life.

4. Don’t underestimate planning.
In my third year of college, I had absolutely no free time. That was when I understood that I needed an agenda. Nowadays, everyone expects perfection and professionalism: you gotta do what you gotta do – perfect and on time. Having a planner is precious help for not forgetting events, work and deadlines. It’s extremely important while thinking about future projects. I prefer the 2 pages monthly log and week pages for more detail. Lists are also great for daily tasks.

5. Surround yourself with good-hearted, supportive people.
Let’s make this one very clear: people who love you won’t bring you down. True friends will support you even if your dream is to become USA President (if it is yours go for it, they need a new one)! Show people around you how important your dreams are and that you are willing to work till they come to reality. Toxic people and relationships won’t get you anywhere.

Love you all 
Sara


1 comentário:

  1. Identifico-me imenso com o 3º e 4º ponto. Acho que a pesquisa, o tentar ser melhor (a nós mesmos, obviamente), praticar, aplicar, etc., é o que nos faz evoluir enquanto profissionais e, consequentemente, enquanto pessoas. A organização, para mim, é uma ferramenta chave para o sucesso!

    http://fashionmornings.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar